Valentine's Day at the
Splashing Rock Restaurant
Our grand romantic 5-course dinner will be served:
Thursday, February 14 through Saturday, February 16, 2013
4:00 - 9:00PM • $50.00 per person
Reservations Strongly Recommended - Full Dinner Menu also available.
Butter poached lobster ravioli with champagne cream
Soup or Salad
Served with lodge-baked wild rice baguette and lingonberry butter
- Grilled tiger shrimp and sweet corn chowder
- Field greens, fresh blackberries, sun-dried pomegranates, dill Havarti, alder-wood smoked sea salted pine nuts with a roasted red pepper and basil vinaigrette
Appetizer (choose one)
- Minnesota Bison Carpaccio, black truffle oil, shaved Asiago and rosemary, rye crackers
- Seared wild rice and forest mushroom sausage on sautéed Swiss chard drizzled with Madeira whole grain mustard butter
- Black cherry smoked breast of duck, dried blueberry pate, wild rice crostini, roasted shallot, cracked black pepper olive oil
Entrées (choose one)
- Beef Wellington
Seared center cut beef tenderloin wrapped in forest mushroom Duxelle and buttery puff pastry. Served with a classic bordelaise sauce, duchess potatoes and baked tomato Provencal.
- Far East Seared Sea Scallops
Seared sea scallops on a bed of organic soba noodles, shitake mushrooms, edamame, Napa cabbage, honey roasted carrots, garlic, tomato, spicy Thai basil tomato cream
- Minnesota "Ferndale Farms" Organic Breast of Turkey "Wienerschnitzel"
Classically prepared with a twist - wild rice breaded pan friend turkey cutlets, fried egg, topped with scratch herbed hollandaise, served with fresh thyme wild rice spatzel & fiddler head ferns
- Apple Stuffed Pork Chops
Two bone-in Minnesota pork chops stuffed with savory cornbread and orchard harvested apple dressing and topped with a "Caves of Faribault Bleu Cheese" béchamel. Served with cranberry sweet potato smash and sugar maple smoked parsnips, turnips and butternut squash.
- Mediterranean Goat Cheese Cassolette
Fire-roasted yellow peppers mixed with fennel, asparagus and mushrooms, finished with whipped eggs, wild rice baguette crumbs and herbed goat cheese. Topped with grilled red onion and herbed Greek yogurt sauce.
- BLU Crab Stuffed "1000 Hills" of Minnesota Organic New York Strip
A fire grilled "1000 Hills Cannon Falls Minnesota" New York sirloin steak stuffed with herbed Maryland BLU crab and Wisconsin cheddar, topped with roasted shallot and garlic burre blanc, served with a loaded baked potato and sherry braised crimini mushroom caps.
Desserts (choose one)
- Madagascar Vanilla Bean & Dark Chocolate Fondue
- Diamonds are Forever Trio of Crème Brulee
- Double Swiss Chocolate Flourless Tort with Grand Mariner Glaze and Fresh Strawberries
- Lodge-made Red Velvet Ice Cream with a cherry on top