May 9, 2014
Wild Game & Brewer’s Feast
Saturday Buffet-Style Dinner – October 24, 2015
Single Seating at 6 pm
Open to the Public and Guests of Grand Superior Lodge
Buffet Dinner includes selected brews from South Shore Brewery
Book the full Wild Game Weekend which includes a Friday night reception with chef-prepared appetizers, Castle Danger Brewery beer and Scotch and Whiskey sampling by Phillips Distributing. Friday’s reception is only available to full weekend package guests.
Reservations required: 800-627-9565
A taste of what to expect – 2014 Menu
Friday Night Reception
Wild Game Weekend Guests Only
Prepare your pallet for the Wild Game Feast by attending this sampling of chef-prepared appetizers, beer provided by local brewer Castle Danger and Scotch and Whiskey sampling from Phillips Distributing.
Whitefish Wild Rice Chowder Lake Superior Whitefish, Minnesota Wild Rice, Wild Boar Bacon, rich and creamy broth.
Confit Duck Quesadilla Tender slow-braised Duck, Jalapeno Tortilla, Smoked Gouda Cheese, Blueberry Jalapeno Salsa
Drunken Pheasant Bites South Dakota Peasant soaked in Castle Danger Ale, wrapped in Wild Boar Bacon, Pineapple Teriyaki dippin’ Sauce
Elk Summer Sausage North American Elk, Fresh Wisconsin Cheddar, Whole Grain Mustard Aioli
Saturday Wild Game Dinner
Open to Public and Resort Guests
We welcome Bo Belanger, owner and brewer of South Shore Brewery in Ashland Wisconsin. Enjoy the fresh, seasonal taps in accompaniment to your full Wild Game Buffet Dinner.
- North Shore Salad Confit Duck, Minnesota Wild Rice, Fresh Greens, Fresh Berries, Candied Walnuts, Lingonberry Vinaigrette
- Antelope Black Bean Chili North American Antelope, Black Beans, Hominy, Tomato Broth, with hint of cinnamon and Mexican Chocolate
- Smoked Lake Trout Crepes Lake Superior Smoked Trout, Dried Cranberries, Maple Reduction, Savory Crepes
- Smoked Pheasant Spring Rolls South Dakota Pheasant, Soba Noodles, Mixed Vegetables, Honey Chili, Sesame Soy Emulsion
- Chef-carved Bison Steamship Round Dry Aged Bison, herb encrusted and roasted medium, with an assortment of sauces and jams.
- North American Antelope Meatloaf Antelope, Minnesota Wild Rice, Dried Cranberries, Wild Mushroom Gravy.
- Venison Parmesan Thin-sliced Venison Tenderloin, Italian Bread Crumbs, Fresh Mozzarella, House-made Marinara, Linguini pasta.
- Roasted Quail Semi-Boneless Georgia Quail, Cranberry Wild Rice, Wild Boar Bacon, Maple Demi Glace.
- Cherry Wood-Smoked Breast of Duck Pan-Seared Smoked Duck Breast, Tart Cherry Demi Glace, Warm Maple Bacon Potato Salad.
- Smoked Pheasant Pot Pie Smoked South Dakota Pheasant, Fresh Vegetables, Rich Pheasant Gravy, Puff Pastry.
- Walleye Roulade Broiled Walleye, Cranberry Wild Rice Stuffing, Fresh Herbs, Cranberry Burre Monte
- Crab Stuffed Rainbow Trout Pan-seared and Roasted Rainbow Trout, Crab Focaccia Stuffing, Lemon Pepper Cream Sauce.
- Planked Wild Salmon Cedar Planked Salmon, Brown Sugar and Honey, Wilted Spinach.
Your dinner buffet will include an assortment of side dishes and made-from-scratch pies for dessert.
Menus subject to change.