EXPLORE! Wine and Culinary Weekend
A weekend of Chef-Inspired Cuisine Paired with World Wines
Friday, March 14, 2014 - Sunday, March 16, 2014
As guests of Grand Superior and Splashing Rock Restaurant, your weekend includes entry for two to the following:
- Lodging for Two at Grand Superior Lodge on Friday and Saturday nights
- Friday Night Celebration of St. Urho Reception with appetizers and tastings of Finnish spirits
followed by Finish Polka by Lloyd Houle in the Splashing Rock lounge
- Free Saturday shuttles to and from the St. Urho Day Parade in Finland, MN
- Saturday Night World Tour Wine Dinner: a six course wine-paired inclusive journey
- EXPLORE! with Odyssey Resorts
NOW TAKING RESERVATIONS
Full Tour for Two in a Lakeside Suite:
$449 includes lodging, Friday reception, and Saturday Dinner
(plus tax, resort fee and dining gratuity)
Call for additional room accommodations available as part of this two-night package.
Click Here to make your reservation or Call 1-800-627-9565 or
218-834-3796 for more information.
Friday Night | 6:00PM - 8:00PM
Celebration of St. Urho Reception
- Appetizers and spirits to be announced.
- Live Finnish polka by Lloyd Houle
St. Urho's Day ParadeNoon — 1pm
Before the parade (in Finland, MN): Expect a pancake breakfast, refreshments and face painting.
After the parade (in Finland, MN): Plan on live music, a craft fair, face painting, and a bake sale
Around the World Wine dinner package does not include pancake breakfast or refreshments.
Choose to enjoy the season with our complimentary EXPLORE! activities. All are optional, please sign up at the Front Desk due to limited availability. (Outdoor activities subject to weather).
- Free shuttle to and from the St. Urho's Day Parade
Sign up at check-in
- Guided Hike
- Snowshoe Hike
- Relax in the sauna or whirlpool
- Let us schedule a massage for you, there are several techniques available starting at just $50 for a half hour
- Blu Ice Bar is open at Noon with evening entertainment on Saturday
Saturday World Tour Six-Course Dinner Menu | 6:00PM
Executive Chef Chad will present each course, with a description of its creation and ingredients selection for the wine accompaniment. The Regional Wine Representative from Wirtz Beverage will present and describe each wine and its unique characteristics and why it was chosen for this evening's event. Single seating at 6PM
Apple Tartlet with Caramelized Onion and Bacon. Maple Syrup Reduction.
Murphy-Goode 2011, Fume’ Blanc ,California
Roasted Red Pepper Soup with a hint of Sambuca. Balsamic Reduction Float.
Bonterra 2011, Chardonnay, Washington
Seared and Chilled Ahi Tuna and Stir Fry Salad with Wasabi Cream. Crisp Wonton Cup.
Belle Ambiance, 2011 Pinot Grigio, Italy
Malbec Braised Short Rib with Truffled Risotto. Rosemary Orange Candied Carrots.
337, 2010, Cabernet Sauvignon, France
Assorted Dessert Cheeses and Accoutrements
J.Lohr’s Falcons Perch 2010, Pinot Noir, California
Huckleberry Buckle with Homemade Lemon Buttermilk Ice Cream
Voga, 2010 Moscato, Italy